We understand that settling into a new location can be daunting, especially if relocating from overseas. However, we have dedicated teams to support you every step of the way to make this process as smooth as possible and are happy to provide help and information.
Each of our hospital sites has different accommodation options and further information can be found on the accommodation tab found in ‘Our International’.
Most Trusts offer single room occupancy on site however, in some cases accommodation is off site and managed by housing associations, close to your place of work. If you wish to bring your family, you will need to source your own accommodation as our 3 bedroomed properties on the Frimley site are highly in demand with a current waiting list. As we want you to be comfortable in your home surroundings we also work closely with local landlords and estate agents to support you in finding a place you can call home to either rent or buy.
Our pay scales are reviewed nationally every year and set for all NHS organisations.
All NHS employees are automatically enrolled into the NHS pension scheme. If you do not want to be part of the pension scheme you can opt-out.
We want to do all we can to welcome you to your new life in the UK. Your new hospital is likely to consider applications from your family members for any job they are suitable for, though we cannot guarantee that we will be able to offer them employment.
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust can only sponsor individuals who are eligible in health professions and have a job offer. Your partner and children can apply to join you or to stay in the UK as your ‘dependants’ if they’re eligible. If their application is successful, their visa will end on the same date as yours. For further information please click here.
To help get you settled we like to share local knowledge of the area, including:
- Shopping and restaurant facilities
- Banks and banking procedures including help setting up a new account
- Information and advice about local schools and other education providers
- Information about local places of worship
- Healthcare – help and advice registering with GP’s and Dentist’s
- Leisure activities – information about local leisure activities and clubs
- Guidance on how to apply for a UK driving licence and advice on where you can find more information about driving and owning a car in the UK.
Yes there is. For further information please click here and check local transport links to Frimley Park Hospital, Wexham Park Hospital and Hetherwood under ‘Your hospitals’
It doesn’t matter if you have been at Frimley Health for 5 days or 5 years, our teams will always make time for your needs. Whether you just need some advice or a friendly face to chat to.
1. NHS Professionals Frequently asked questions on International.
2. The General Medical Council (GMC) runs free workshops for overseas-trained doctors designed to help them settle into medical careers in the NHS.
3. The Kings Fund run a free, short course to learn about the history of the NHS and how it all works and fits together.
4. BMA has a guide to working in the UK for Internationally trained doctors, including how the NHS works.
5. OET has the Living the Language resource to help new recruits overcome common communication barriers.
6. Looking after you too is an individual coaching support offer for BAME staff already working in the NHS.
To help and support Nurses adapting to working in the NHS and adjusting to a new culture. The overall aim of these groups is to enhance the pastoral care to all overseas trained nurses in England.
Various groups as follows – this is not an exhaustive list: